Chickpea and Vegetable Couscous
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- 2 Roma tomatoes chopped
- 1 medium red capsicum chopped
- 400 g tinned chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 4-5 spring onions chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 cups couscous cooked to packet instructions and kept warm
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese optional
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and red onion and cook, stirring frequently, for 4-5 minutes, or until the onion softens.
- Add tomatoes, capsicum, chickpeas, spring onions, parsley, and smoked paprika. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Stir to combine and cook approximately 4-5 minutes, or until capsicum is crisp-tender and develops a bit of color.
- Remove from heat and add warm couscous and fresh lime juice. Stir to combine and serve. Try without Parmesan cheese but then add a little on top if you would prefer.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!