Mushroom and Broccoli Stir-Fry
- 200g packet rice noodles (uncooked)
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp arrowroot
- 1 1/2 tsp Chinese five spice
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- 2 tsp honey (preferably local)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 350 g white mushrooms (cleaned and cut into quarters)
- 1 cup baby carrots (quartered lengthwise)
- 1 medium brown onion (cut into slices)
- 2-3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 3 cup broccoli (florets)
- Prepare rice noodles according to package directions. Drain and keep warm. Set aside.
Combine orange juice, arrowroot powder, five-spice powder, red pepper flakes, soy sauce, and honey in a small bowl. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, carrots, onion, and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, for 3-4 minutes or until carrots and onion soften and develop a bit of color.
- Add fresh broccoli to the skillet and cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, for approximately 4-5 minutes or just until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Add orange juice mixture to the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the sauce thickens and starts to bubble.
- Remove from heat and pour vegetables over prepared rice noodles and toss to combine. Serve immediately and enjoy!