Sweet Potato, Pumpkin and Pea Curry
- 1 onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 carrot
- 1 sweet potato small
- 2 tsp chilli paste you are forgiven for this slight cheat
- 1 tbsp curry powder Malaysian-style
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 400 ml coconut milk full fat
- 4 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tsp raw sugar
- 1/4 pumpkin
- 2 cups frozen peas or fresh
- 1 lime
- 1 handful fresh coriander
- 2 cups brown rice
- Dice one onion and two tomatoes. Cut the carrot into 3cm pieces. Cut the sweet potato into 3cm cubes. Peel and chop pumpkin into 4cm cubes.
- Heat a wok, add the diced onion and saute until browned. Add ¼ cup of water and stir fry for a few seconds to deglaze the pan. Add the tomato, the chilli paste and the curry powder and stir until fragrant.
- Add one cup of water, one tin coconut milk, four tablespoons of soy sauce, two teaspoons of sugar, the chopped pumpkin, the sweet potato and carrot and mix well. Cook until the sweet potato, carrot and pumpkin are soft and the sauce has reduced and thickened. Add the peas and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add a squeeze of lime and sprinkle coriander leaves on top. Serve with cooked brown or wild rice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!